The diagnostics line for virus identification
Viro-Track products are BluSense’s proprietary one-drop-of-blood quantitative virus tests. Blood tests for flaviviruses (such as dengue and zika) are based on a set of parameters which characterize the nature of the infection. Measurement of viral RNA and/or antigen NS1 are representative of the acute phase (first 5-10 days from infection), while the specific IgM and IgG antibodies are present in a later (convalescent) phase.
The VIRO-Track cartridges have been developed to quantitatively measure the amount of several virus-specific biomarkers in blood, so to quickly identify the infection, and specifically distinguish it from potentially similar diseases (such as dengue, zika and chikungunya).
Viro-Track products are available for single-disease tests (acute, serology, or combo) and as differential tests. Benefits of Viro-Track include:
- Quantitative diagnostic tests for antigen, serology and combined tests.
- No need of any laboratory equipment (centrifuges, pipettes, etc.).
- Identification of the nature of a dengue infection (primary vs secondary).
- Differential dengue/zika tests to increase diagnostic accuracy.
- All Viro-Track tests (present and future) are compatible with any BluBox.